Sunday, October 9, 2011

Galaxy Nexus Waiting: "Shut up and take my money"


I am a phone nerd. Yes, I know this is a strange way to start a post, but I just want to get that off the bat.  My Original Motorola Droid was my first ever smart phone.  I love this thing to death, do not get me wrong when i say that it needs to be put out to pasture.  Every day this thing seems to be slowing down to the point that I want to switch back to my VZ 8300.  Now that was a phone!!!

TIME TO GET BACK ON TOPIC!!!  I was looking forward to getting the Verizon variation of the Samsung Galaxy S II.  I lurked about Android Central, Engadget, and Boy Genius Report (BGR) for months waiting for info.  There were talks on forums about people having seen devices called the Samsung Function (which was a dumb name for a phone in my opinion).  When I heard that Verizon was not going to have a SGSII, I almost rage quit.  I was very depressed for a day. (#firstworldproblems)  I read a post online that Verizon would be getting a Nexus.  At first I was skeptical, but then I became more and more excited as subesquent confirmations started to come to light.

Nexus Prime (image credit: GSMArena)

Then leaks seemed to not so much trickle, but deluge my RSS reader last week.  With the supposed, "ebay obtained," Nexus s with Ice Cream Sandwich.  I was in awe.  My friends were not sure if the video was true.  They did not believe it until I told them the phone was remotely locked and wiped. And then there was the very strange bottom left corner of the screen of a mystery phone (Galaxy Nexus) showing  an impressive DPI.  The jewel in the crown is by far the lovely minute and a half long video of the phone.



As soon as I saw this, I immediately backed up all of the data on my Droid.  I was happy, until I saw a post stating that the October 11th event would be postponed.  I was very disappointed, but I understood their reasons for doing so.  The passing of Steve Jobs was tragic.  He was truly a visionary into the future of computing.  My condolences go out to his family.

I went onto a forum to read more information about the Galaxy Nexus, and I saw harsh words about Steve Jobs.  I was by no means a fan of the business model by which he ran his company, but no one can deny the fact that his products set a certain standard by which all other hardware and software companies had to meet.  We would not be enjoying our lovely PC's and smart phones without his vision.  We should not try to disgrace the dead, but look on toward the future.

All we can do is wait for the phone to be released.  I will be right there on line.  I love my Droid, but you are just not cutting it anymore.  When I am unable to make or receive calls because you freeze, there is a problem.  Patience is a virtue, but a little knock on the door never hurt anyone.

- TheDarkerShadow

Source: Android Central

No comments:

Post a Comment